Spring Loaded Shock Absorbing Castors
These castors have been designed to reduce the impact of shocks during transport, providing smoother movement, reduced risk of damage, and a quieter ride. Richmond’s shock absorbing castors are ideal for use in applications with uneven surfaces or where debris is present. They are also great for moving delicate items where additional vibration and shock to the load could cause damage.
During transport over uneven surfaces the spring supports the load, absorbing the impact instead of transferring it all to the item being transported.
Suitable for use in automotive manufacturing, transport, carts, engineering applications, laboratories, equipment transport, platform trucks, and any industry where reducing shocks and providing smooth movement is important.
Features of our new Spring-Loaded Shock Absorbing Castor Range:
- Reduce stress and vibration during transport.
- Available in 100, 125, 150, and 200mm wheel diameters.
- Load capacities of up to 200kg per castor.
- Steel dust cap to protect the wheel and bearing.
- Ball bearings.
- Polyurethane tyred wheels on an iron core steel dust cap.
- Swivel, rigid, and brake varieties available.
Please note: If the load capacity of the castor is exceeded the spring will not function as intended.
Click one of the links below to see test details on the castors load capacity/operating range under dynamic testing conditions:
100mm spring loaded castor operating range test