Richmond Wheel & Castor Co were contacted by JC Entertainment to design, manufacture and supply a range of event stage wheels. These wheels were to enable a series of modular stages to be moved around and joined together when required without damaging the field below.
The stages were created for the McDonald Jones stadium which is a 30,000-capacity rectangular stadium located in regional NSW city of Newcastle. The stadium hosts many events including the A-League grand finale, AFC Asian Cup, many exhibitions match, Nitro circus, rugby league test matches and the 2013 Special Olympics opening ceremony.
The team at Richmond chose a 180kg load capacity pneumatic wheel for this project due to its excellent ability to move gently over soft ground.
- 250mm wheel diameter
- 180kg load capacity per wheel
- Double zinc plated swivel castor frames to allow the stage to be steered and moved
- Brakes to lock the wheels and stages into place
- Cushioned comfortable tyre to protect the load
- Steel frame to easily connect and increase the size of the stage
Our design team worked closely with the customer to ensure the finished products were easy to install and made to meet the required installation date. Our manufacturing facility has the capability to process large and small orders quickly and reliably to meet the requirements of every client and application.