Richmond Wheel & Castor Co were contracted to manufacture a set of fully enclosed double flanged castor kits for a series of hangar doors in regional Western Australia. As part of the quoting process, the Engineering team considered and improved the design and assembly to reduce cost and improve ease of maintenance.
Key features of the design are:
- 4140 steel wheel for high load capacity
- Precision sealed ball bearings for long term use with minimal servicing
- Cam followers used as guide rollers to align the rollers to the track
- Polyurethane buffer pads to reduce impact damage to wheels and structure
- Overhead guide roller plates to cater for wide loads.
Hangar doors have unique safety and function requirements, the wheels must be able to carry the load of the door as well as significant forces due to wind. The Richmond Engineering team are able to help with the safety factor calculations to ensure that the correct wheels are specified.